Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 144: 7 Pound Burrito Challenge

     This was a bad idea. I attempted the 7 pound burrito challenge. Its a 20 dollar burrito that weighs 7 pounds. Its got like 12 eggs in it, a half pound of ham, and an ungodly amount of filling potatoes in it. This is like a real food challenge. Theres no time limit, but there is no bathroom breaks. Once the burrito reaches the table, you can't leave till its either gone, or till you admit defeat. I tried my darndest but it was pretty obvious that I wasn't going to make it very far. I surprised both Mouse and myself when I threw in the towel halfway through. I'm not saying that the throwing in of the towel is the surprising part, its the fact that I made it halfway through that shocked me. The waitress told me that most people don't even get like 1/4 of the way through. I consider it a victory because I cut the burrito in half at the start and told Mouse that I was aiming for 50%. So I may not of taken down the burrito challenge, but I walked away with something else, a thinner wallet and a thicker (and sicker) stomach.


No comments:

Post a Comment