Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 142: Sign Language

     I gotta set the scene for this one a little bit before I go into detail about the challenge. It's been pouring rain constantly for the last couple of days. We're talkin' Noah's ark style. So its been crappy and cold and rainy for a while. It's been so bad in fact, that Thorntonfest (its a little hometown festival) was canceled. The grassy fields that Thorntonfest is located on were completely flooded. So theres the setting for ya. My challenge for the day was to learn some basic sign language, because any outdoor activities weren't happening. I looked up videos of ASL (American sign language) and some basic phrases. Everything was going swell and I was right in the middle of mirroring the lady in the video as she gestured the phrase "more please" when the power went out. Everything shut off and I was left in a pitch black room. I decided that there was nothing more to do but go to sleep. I gave it a college try, but the stupid storm had to interferer with my signing. I learned a couple of phrases and wouldn't mind taking a class in it sometime. Stupid rain.

The lady in the video creeps me out, but the baby videos are where its at when trying to learn a language

No comments:

Post a Comment