Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 145: Haiku

     Lame challenge? Maybe. I knew that a haiku was a type of poem that was structured with a set amount of syllables but I didn't know exactly how many to use. As it turns out, its a poem with 3 lines, the first line has 5 syllables, then the second has 7, and the last line has 5 again. Heres a couple of ones that I came up with.

     This challenge is lame                                     Day one forty five
     but I procrastinated                                        I am making a Haiku
     So you're stuck with this                                   It is pretty rad

     Today I had fun                                             The sun beams burst bright
     I skateboarded all day long                            I feel summer approaching
     Now I want a snack                                      Powered by the sun

You know your life is in shambles when your writing haiku's.

No comments:

Post a Comment