Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 138: Test Drive

     I'm in the market for a trusty automobile. I've spent the last month and a half bumming rides off of friends and biking to get around cause my car can't pass the emissions test. It kind of sucks not having a car to just take you to where you want to go, but its actually been really nice not having to worry about gas or insurance for a change. So I heard about this Subaru Outback that was being sold through Mouse. I guess his dad's friend is a mechanic that is selling it. So Mouse and I went over to Joel's shop (ya know, the guy with the car) to talk brass tax and what have you. He was telling me about the vehicle and let me test drive it. I was terrified that I was going to stall the car right in front of him and have him think that I was some idiot. Luckily I didn't and I made sure to watch what I said around the mechanics. I didn't want anything stupid coming out of my mouth, but that was wishful thinking. Eventually, I followed the lead of the mechanics and Mouse as they shot the shit about cars. He told me that the car had only one owner, an obsessive old lady that apparently kept the car in pristine condition. She carried around a notebook that she used to log her mileage (she jotted down things like the date she filled up, weird). The car was lookin good and I was leaning towards it, but I couldn't let Joel know that. I had to play hard to get and act like I knew about cars so he wouldn't try to pull a fast one on me. It was a cool experience though.
The new car better bring more memories like these

No comments:

Post a Comment