Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 119: Spray Paint Art

I made this!



     Have you seen those uber detailed spray paintings? They are usually of some fantastic cosmic landscape an look like the artist spent years perfecting every inch of the canvas. They are so cool and I was excited when Mac invited me over to try it. I've seen pros go to town with their paint and produce an awe inspiring piece of work in no time. They can throw together a painting within like 20 minutes, and they use everyday materials like cans of spray paint, newspaper, cards and needles. When I got to Mac's house I saw the prints that he had tried earlier. They were all pretty good looking, even the ones that he swore were terrible. He asked if I wanted to try, and in typical uneducated fashion, I agreed. I didn't have any pre-determined thought of how I wanted my painting to turn out, I just wanted to spray around. Here's what I came up with. I can admit that I'm nowhere near where these pros are, but it was still fun and I thought mine turned out pretty cool.


Here's what it looks like when a pro does it. They look amazing!
I did not make this 

No comments:

Post a Comment