Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 90: Learn How To Make Salsa

     3 months today. The project is officially 25% (1/4 if you prefer fractions) completed as of today. I wanted to do a memorable challenge for the special occasion. I wanted to eat brain. Cow brain specifically, from Walmart. I heard that they had it, so I biked over there with Mac after work to pick up a frontal lobe or something. We combed through the isles of the mega-plex-super-warehouse, with not even a cerebellum to be found. So we went with the next best thing, salsa. Salsa is definitely a dish that I have more experience with than brain, and I was pretty sure Walmart would carry it. I love salsa and its pathetic that I've never made it. Mac instructed me as I picked up the main ingredients; tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro, jalapeño, green peppers, and some stuff called cumin. We jetted off towards his house, where I learned that cutting tomatoes is about as much fun as jazz class. Making salsa is basically; repetitive chopping of the ingredients and watering of the eyes. I chopped everything up and dumped it into the salsa bowl, establishing that it was, in fact, salsa. We dove right into the dish with chips and came up with the conclusion, that it was really tasty. I took some home so it could sit in the fridge and marinate. It was a good challenge, not as memorable as eating brain, but probably better in taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment