Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 118: Rescue A Cat

Believe it or not, I took this pic before work...

...and took this one after work
     Thats right, apparently that old cliche about having to call the fire department to get the frightened cat out of the tree is true. I woke up this morning and was enjoying a bowl of cheerios in the backyard when I saw a poor little kitten stuck in the high branches of one of the willow trees. Not sure what to do, I Googled the scenario and read a little bit of a forum. The article said to simply let the cat be and it would eventually climb down on its own. I took the advice to heart and left to go to work. I forgot about the cat and wandered home roughly 7 hours later only to see the same cat stuck in the same tree. He was still as freaked out as he was earlier. Thats when I came to the conclusion that either this cat really liked this tree, or that article I read was crap. I immediately began to climb the tree to rescue the freaked out feline, but not before giving the camera to my brother so he could obtain some photo-proof of the situation. It took a bit of careful strategy, but I soon got close enough to snag the cat. He seemed  pretty worn out from a day of tree-hugging, so he didn't put up too much of a fight. He did however seem to cling to the branch with all his might. I ripped him from the tree, only for him to grab the next branch in sight. Every time I would tug him away he would find another branch to claw onto. It went like this for a couple minutes till I finally got the cat to an area free from tree limbs. From there, I simply dropped him, as soon as he hit the ground he bolted. I could tell that my dog Kota was looking to tear this cat apart and so she chased right after him. The cat got away though, he hopped the fence and I have yet to see him up in that tree, so I think that means that this challenge was a success. I totally just saved that little guy's day, or maybe even life. Double score.

No comments:

Post a Comment