Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 101: Try An Energy Shot

     Lame challenge? Yeah probably. I have had the energy drink (Day 30:http://aimforeclouds.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-30-liquid-energy.html) and the energy pills (Day 92: http://aimforeclouds.blogspot.com/2011/04/day-92-energy-pills.html) , but never have I had the energy shot. I was super sleep deprived from the past couple of days and had work and school that day, so I guess I could have used the shot. My friend Cody and I went and picked up a 5 hour energy shot and both gulped them down instantly. I cant say that my experience was anything like those of the actors portrayed in the commercials, but I defiantly experienced something. I was totally out of it mentally, my stomach was aching and I felt the mild urge to throw up when I was eating dinner. I guess I cant expect too much from a product we bought in the "impulse buy" shelf of a run down gas station. And to be fair, I was beyond tired. I was running on a few hours of sleep, I had been at school all day, and I had already tried my luck with a hot cup of coffee to keep myself from passing out in Jazz class. Maybe a clear mind and an energized body was just too much for that little bottle to grant (even though it promised it). So, so far, its not looking good for the energizing promising products. 3 attempts, and 3 failures. I guess I'll just stick with some good ol fashioned REM sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment