Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 96: Yoga

     It was my yoga day for the P90X exercise thang today. I woke up at 6 A.M. and headed to the basement to get all lose and limber for the day. I was really sore already from the past couple workouts and all that biking I've been doing ever since I stopped driving. I mimicked the little man on the T.V. screen as he stretched and exhaled rhythmically. It was really boring and I had trouble staying in some of the posses. Basically, the guy would alternate from the "downward dog", "warrior 1" and "warrior 2". It was just a cycle of repetition. He just kept doing those same couple of positions for so long. I kept with it for as long as I could, but eventually, I had to give up. I ended up completing about 40 minutes of the program, which was about half of the total time. I tried to stay focused and calm, but is was just not interesting enough. I felt good knowing I had taken care of my challenge so early in the day. The rest of the day sucked, a whole mess of homework and tests and work at the ice cream shack. But at least I had that yoga session inn to keep my mind, body and soul in balance. So much for this new age meditating malarkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment