Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 114: Bake Pizza (From Scratch)

  

Check out that technique! 
     So I took what little knowledge I had gained from yesterdays bread making challenge, and I used it to help me with making the pizza dough for my make a pizza from scratch challenge. For the most part, making the pizza dough was a lot like making the bread. I did a lot of mashing and mixing, and even a lil bit of "kneading". I got to test out my pizza-pie throwing arm when it came time to toss the dough. I think its supposed to stretch the pie and make it more circular, but who really knows, I just do it to look authentic. I threw the crusts into the oven for a little while to get them crispy. Then I chopped up a pineapple and garnished the crust with tomato sauce, cheese, salami and whatever pineapple chunks I hadn't already eaten. By then it was time to cook, so I let those puppies bake for about ten minutes, took um out, cut um up, and served. They were good, like, actually surprisingly good. I really enjoyed it, and my brother and dad seemed pretty fond of the meal as well. I hate to toot my own horn, but, I gotta hand it to myself...I'm pretty awesome. Another day and another successful challenge.
Probably the best thing ever

No comments:

Post a Comment