Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 109: Brew Coffee (From Scratch)

     Well it seems like that warm milk really did the trick. Not only did it put me right to sleep, but it made me sleep in late today. I was supposed to get up early and get some major homework and bike riding related activities done. Its the milk's fault, thats my story and I'm stickin to it. So, when I did finally wake up, I needed some energy, and thats where the brewing coffee challenge was born (thats another one of my stories that I plan on sticking too). I wanted to brew coffee, but I didn't want to use a coffee maker. The following video explains basically what I did. The only difference was that I used 4 filters instead of 2.


     I made two batches of coffee cause Mouse complained that the first cup was "the worse thing I've ever tasted". I reassured him that he simply just wasn't cultured enough to appreciate a quality cup of joe. I made a second batch but used only 2 filters so that hopefully more of the caramel truffle flavor would present itself. The process went smoothly and the coffee came out a tad darker then before, which was promising. I threw in a generous amount of creamer and sugar to shut Mouse up before he could pooh pooh it. He took his cup, teased it with a couple of half sips, and then placed it back onto the counter. It would have been a discouraging insult if I didn't already know that Mouse hates all coffee and never drinks it ever. So, I guess that if I use a bit of flawed logic, that means I made a pretty good cup-o-coffee.
My slightly flawed logic

  • If mouse hated my coffee
  • And he hates all coffee
  • And if almost all coffee is considered to taste good by those who drink it
  • Then my coffee must have tasted like the kind that Mouse hates
  • Which means that my coffee was good
That makes perfect sense. I made some great coffee today, and I didn't use a coffee maker like some lazy American. I mean, I liked the coffee anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment