Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 92: Take Energy Pills

     If your a follower of this blog, you may know that my first dance with an energy drink took place earlier in the project (Day 30: Liquid Energy http://aimforeclouds.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-30-liquid-energy.html). That was my first, and since then, only energy promising substance. So yesterday was a jammed pack day of beautiful weather and fun outdoor activities. I spent almost every waking moment yesterday cruising around on my bike or on my skateboard. I was running around and sweating and laughing and playing all day long. I think that yesterdays athletic activities called for a bit of energizing assistance. Thats why I purchased a packet of energy pills at the gas station. The only problem was, I bought them after the day's activities were over. We were done skating and biking and it was about 11:30 at night and we were dropping my friend Kevin off at his house. We were all exhausted from running around all day and I was in no mood to get energized any time soon, but I hadn't done my new-thing-of-the-day (NTD) yet. So, knowing full well that my body was extremely sore and it would hate me for eating these hyper pills, I decided to go for it. I knew that it couldn't end well, but I also knew that I hadn't come 91 days to simply give up on the project. The project had to go on, even if that meant that I wouldn't get any sleep. I figured that the best case scenario would be that I ate the pills, threw up, and then I would have an interesting blog entry to post. Thats what this project has done to me! I now look at things like throwing up and bleeding as "good for the blog". I'd rather puke than have a boring night in. Needless to say, I didn't puke. I ate the pills and watched a little bit of T.V. at Kevin's. I was feeling a little strange and didn't and couldn't focus, but what else is new. I definitely did not feel energized, just a tiny bit dizzy and out of it. I got home and laid down and fell asleep almost instantly. It's hard to tell whether or not the pills even did anything, cause I get the feeling that being that exhaustion would make me feel like that regardless. In a nutshell, the pills didn't make me throw up, which is good and bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment