Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 116: Hypnosis

     Well, it was about as close to hypnosis as I could get. See, I have this thing with money...and how I don't like to spend it. Like non of it. I really think that I'm either the cheapest person I've ever met, or I simply understand the value of a dollar better than most. I could go on another long and misguided tangent about how I don't get paid enough for the work I do and how I feel that my job pays me 8 bucks for an hour of my life and I find that mildly insulting when I think that my life should be worth at least $10, and how I don't know how to end my sentences. Whatever. All I'm going to say is that I don't have the money or the willingness to spend what little money I have on these challenges. I'd be way too broke. My whole thing is to experience as many things while spending as little amount of money as possible.
     So when I say that I did hypnosis, that doesn't mean that I paid some guy with a PHD to entrance me with the swaying motion of a pocket watch. Paying some shrink to hypnotize me to think I was a chicken or something would cost way too much money. So, I went with a more financially friendly option. I downloaded a deep realization program called "Darren Marks Hypnosis". I'm taking a stab in the dark when I say this, but I assume that this Darren Marks guy is the dude that was guiding me through the procedure, with a very soothing voice I might add. So I downloaded this program, and tried it, and I gotta tell ya, it was pretty wild. I'm not gonna say that it changed my life or anything, but sure did ease some of my skepticism about the art of hypnosis. The program is basically a voice (Darren) that guides you into a calmer state. I remember being completely relaxed for most of it, but once the voice started to count down from ten, my heart started to race really fast. It was so strange and felt intense, and the fact that the voice warned that this feeling may appear right when I started to experience it made it even more freaky. After that, it was more calm thoughts and tranquil images until the recording stopped. It was a strange experience to say the least, and I definitely want to try it again. I know that it wasn't done in person with some fancy doctor, but I think that it still worked, at least, I think it worked a little bit.

Heres a sample session I found
If you want to try the program that I used, you can find it on the android market.

No comments:

Post a Comment