Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 108: Warm Milk Folklore


     I wanted to see if that whole warm glass of milk puts you right to sleep myth had any truth in it. I looked up a couple sites that told me differing opinions about the whole thing, so I felt like my best bet was to just try it. I just microwaved a tall glass of milk for like 40 seconds and tested the waters with a small sip. It wasn't bad, it was just, weird. I enjoyed my glass of warm milk with a piece of my Dad's leftover birthday cake and headed upstairs to go to bed. As far as I can tell, it knocked me right out. I don't know if it was the milk's doing, or if I was just that tired. But let me tell ya, it sure is relaxing having something warm in the tummy when your trying to fall asleep. This challenge gets my stamp of approval!

Heres a link to an article about the warm milk debate: http://blogs.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/2008/01/warm-milk-true-or-false.html

No comments:

Post a Comment