Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 104: Get Towed

Waiting on the street
Funky jazz lights
     Ya like the new layout? I've been spending way too much time messing with it instead of doing things like homework and actual blog updates. Honestly, I don't know if I like it, but whatever, well see. So I went to another jazz gig with Joey to beef up our know-how for this jazz paper we have to write. We went to this jazz club downtown called Dazzle to watch the Joey DeFrancesco trio play. Long story short: we over-payed to hear some jazz, eat some garlic bread (and a complementarity ice cream Sunday cause they messed up my garlic bread), and take notes for class. It was an enjoyable time and I felt good about my small amount of new found knowledge concerning the jazz genre. The trio ended with a funky cover of "Billie Jean" by the late Michael Jackson and we left the club. It wasn't till we reached the empty parking space that had once been occupied by Joey's car that we realized that we were screwed. His car had been towed, and we were stranded in Denver. This may sound like a lame challenge/experience thing (and in some regards, it totally is), but I couldn't really do my new thing seeing how I was stranded in city with nothing but a jazz notebook. This may be a lame experience (and it was. it really was) but its still a new experience, so that means I can count it. Joey and I spent the hour or so that it took for his mom to drive down and pick us up walking around and people watching in front of a weathered old liquor store. We were solicited by a couple guys wanting cigarettes and weed, and we kept attentive by watching the flocks of dance club-bound people. It was cold and dark and really uncomfortable, which makes for a pretty crappy situation. We eventually got picked up by Joey's mom, who felt that it was her job to inform us of how stupid we are. Apparently, even though we parked on the same block as the jazz club, we were on the property of the Spicy Pickle, and thats where the towing of the car came into play. Joey got slapped a $195 fee to get his car back and was made well aware of his dumb mistake. He went to the impound lot the next day to pay the fine and retrieve the vehicle. It really sucked, but now I know that getting towed is no fun at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment