Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 58: Mildly High Risk Juggling

What I do at work
Me in the act
     Now, before you judge me for counting juggling three balls of ice cream as a decent challenge, let me explain myself. I have worked at Baskin Robbins on and off for a total of two years, and in those two years, I have done some pretty stupid things. Nothing gross or anything, just goofing around (skating in the walk-in freezer and that ice cream fight are ones that come to mind). So I was working and I was trying to think of something to do for the project. I decided that I would teach my co-worker Jarred


(you may remember him from Day 56: A warm up for the gallon
challenge) how to juggle. We looked for things around the store to toss around but we couldn't find anything. That whole idea evolved into something I have thought about trying a couple time but never got around to doing; juggling ice cream. I mean, they are the perfect weight and shape to do the job. To make things more interesting, I was going to juggle over my newly mopped floor. So, I got three scoops of mint chocolate chip cause it's way more solid and firm compared to most of the other flavors. I put on some plastic gloves and positioned myself prepared my balls (the mint ones). I was surprisingly nervous before trying, but I went for it anyways. I juggled for about 4 cycles and then caught the balls safely. I had to keep redoing the feat so that Jarred could get the timing right on my phone camera but I never did drop the mint (which I am proud and thankful for). So there you have it, you may think its a lame challenge (which it kind of is), but its something I've wanted to try for a while and this project has forced me to try it. Hooray for throwing ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment