Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 67: Birthday at the hot springs

Necessities 
In route
     Sooooo, its my birthday today. Well, it was my birthday like 3 days ago but I've been too busy to update the blog, so we'e going to pretend that its still the 8th of March. So anyways, its my birthday and I'm now 20 years old. I got a pretty sweet mini fridge and some new sheets which I'm throughly siked about. I went up to Glenwood Springs with my mom  and grandparents for a day of relaxation in the hot springs. It was like a three hour drive up there but I passed the time by studying for my midterm for jazz class. We got there, paid, undressed in the locker room full of naked old people (shivers), and stepped into the giant pool. Basically, it was two massive hot tubs that reeked of sulfur. I tiptoed around the pool, dodging other pool-goers and exploring the perimeter of the springs. I kept thinking I was swimming through spots were other people peed because the temperature of water would shift a lot. That took some getting used too. It was amazing to think that this huge body of water was naturally warmed. Here we were, swimming in March. Not only that, we were swimming in the mountains, while it was snowing out. I had made the mistake of dunking my head under water and now my hair had frozen over and my ears were throbbing with pain. The frozen face thing and the sulfur smell kind of sucked, but if they fixed that, they would totally have a five star resort vibe going on. Some other events of notice: the bubble machine was awesome (this underwater chair that was coin operated to give you a soothing bubble massage), and there was this crazy lady that was arguing with herself as she swam by (I checked to see if she was on a blue-tooth cause I've been fooled before. But no, she was textbook crazy. I'm not saying that talking to yourself makes you crazy, it's when your arguing with yourself, and your losing. Then your crazy.). Other than that, not much else happened. We swam around, talked, used the bubble machine again, then got some Qdoba. The Qdoba didn't offer any bubbles or crazy people, but it was still pretty good. We drove home and I had some lasagna at home and then went to Walmart with Mouse to pick up a couple things for the new mini fridge. Great success!
Dryin off

No comments:

Post a Comment