Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 79: Learn How To Wheelie

  









     I went on a bike ride with my little brother (Sean) after spending a good chunk of the day skating around. We biked to my work so I could pick up my check and we enjoyed a complementary scoop of ice cream. Sean got the icing on the cake flavor and I went with an old favorite, Jamoca Oreo. We biked around for a while behind the strip mall where I work. I've always wanted to be able to wheelie on a bike but have never came close. So, thats what I spent the next 30 minutes trying. I determined the rules beforehand; I would try to wheelie for two parking spaces, only my back tire could be in contact with the ground and my front tire had to be airborne before the first parking space and I had to keep it off the ground till after the last parking space line. I decided to use the bike that Sean was on cause it was way smaller and would be easier to lift off the ground. I tried to balance through the parking lot long enough to break a sweat. Its surprisingly hard to get past the first parking space, and it takes a considerable amount of strength and balance to keep that wheelie going strong. Eventually I got it. I just barely got past that last yellow line and it sure wasn't pretty, but I got it. My foot flung off the pedal but never touched the ground, so I count it. Yeah I know, this is another lame challenge. All I can say is that it was too beautiful of a day to be stressing over this project.
Just hangin around

No comments:

Post a Comment