Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 74: Try Lobster


a little too close
     I've just been going buck wild with these food challenges lately haven't I? I basically never ever eat any sea food (day 6 was my first taste of sushi), so I guess theres 'plenty of fish in the sea' when it comes to new culinary experiences (pun). So yeah, my dad cooked lobster tails and ribeyes for dinner, which is awesome. I'm certainly going to miss the quality and quantity of food I get pampered with once I move out. I learned how to cook some basics with this challenge but nothing in the same league as lobster. So I came home later on that evening and the food was already stored in the fridge. My dad was excited to get my opinion on the meal he described as "The best meal I have ever had. That would be my death row meal.".  I began to nuke the plate of dinner in the microwave as my dad explained how to eat lobster. The lobster was done cooking and so I heated up a cup of butter and lemon juice. I began to do as my father told me and savagely tear the carcass to bits. I poured the butter all over the place and dug in. It was hard as hell to get the meat out with a fork and it totally looked just like brains but it was good. It didn't really have that fishy aftertaste that I despise, so that was good. I worked my way through the course and enjoyed myself the entire time.

No comments:

Post a Comment