Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 80: Video Camera

     You guys might think that this is another lame challenge, but its totally not. When I started this project, I wrote down as many "new thing" ideas I could think of in this little notebook of mine. One of those challenges, was to buy my own video camera. I had a camera that was my friends. I got it a couple years ago, but it was the biggest piece of garbage. It would eat the tapes of film and the lens was literally fixed to the camera with shoe goo. Needless to say, I treated it like poop and I didn't use it. Since then, I have been saving up my moneys in hopes of someday buying my own camera. I want to make skate videos and random shorts and really anything. I went to the Ultimate Electronics store which happens to be having a huge sale because they are going out of business. I browsed their selection and found the one I wanted. It was a JVC everio for a little more than $600. With the on-sale-discount it came to about $385. Now thats a deal! After some serious thought about the purchase, I decided to get it. I tracked down a really unenthusiastic saleslady (I assume its because they all know that they will be getting shit-canned in a matter of days) and asked her to ring me up. She took the camera up to the register and told me my total. "358 dollars" she said. I was confused about why the price was even lower than what the discount advertised, but I wasn't about to ask any questions. So I walked out of there with a camera that cost me around 40% less then the original price. Score! I filmed a couple of tricks at the skatepark later that day but I'm still in the process of editing the footage. In the meantime, feel free to watch some of these super old videos of mine, or checkout my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/gumballflip?feature=mhum

No comments:

Post a Comment