Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 65: P90X Plyometrics

     I have heard from several credible sources that the P90X plyometrics workout is one of the most grueling, physically demanding 90 minutes you can find. I decided to find out the hard way, that this in fact, totally true. This workout was a lot like Day 57's :Mostly Womens Workout challenge, only it involved more jumping around and no weights. I spent my 90 minutes attempting to keep up with the uncomfortably energetic host. I imitated him as he violently powered through sets of squats and repeatedly hucked his legs over a chair (the chair exercise sucked cause I kept kicking my chair on accident). I had gotten a decent sweat going early on and developed a cramp soon after. I know it should be common sense, but I ate two sandwiches about a half an hour before starting the workout. I figured that 30 minutes would be a long enough rest time to settle my stomach, but all that jumping around proved me wrong. I completed the session as best as I could (not very well) and went off to work. The next day was some expected soreness and lack of ambition (at least towards doing another P90X workout). It was tiring and it kind of sucked. Dang.

No comments:

Post a Comment