Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 59: Make Guacamole


 I love guacamole. I love it and I think that its a complete rip-off when they charge $1.75 (guac-prices are getting a little out of hand) for it at Chipotle. Thats why I decided to take tasty matters into my own hands and make it myself. I had to get creative cause I was at work. This is an ice cream shop, we don't have all those nifty flavored salts or what have you. I stuck with the bare essentials; 2 avocados, a tomato, some garlic, lime juice, generic chips, and two packets of salt from McDonald's. I couldn't find instructions on how you make guacamole, only what goes into making it. I assumed that I just needed to pit the avocados and mush everything around in a bowl until it resembled poop. So I did that and it started to look like poop almost immediately. I took a taste test with one of the chips and was pleasantly surprised. It didn't suck. In fact, it was kind of good. It wasn't anything you would expect to get at an authentic Mexican food restaurant, but it was pretty O.K. Once I acquire some fancy salt and onions, my guac bowl will win the hearts of millions.

No comments:

Post a Comment