Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 85: Give Somebody A Tattoo


     So yeah. I was over at Mac's apartment the other day, and we were trying to figure out what new thing I could do (that happens a lot). It was already like 11 pm so nothing was open and I was getting desperate. I looked over and saw his tattoo kit (the one that he had tatted me with about a week before), and said that he should let me give him a tattoo. And with absolutely no hesitation, he agreed. I liked how gung-ho he was about the idea, but his willingness gave me the impression that he thought that I was confident also. I defiantly was not confident in my ability to permanently modify my friends skin. We decided to ink a little star on his big toe so that on the ample chance that I did screw up, it would be easy to cover up (use a sock). He gave me the run down and walked me through how to tat. My lesson was about 30 seconds long and he said was "Don't spill the ink and don't fuck up" . His kind words guided me as I carefully traced the star. I tried to use even strokes and I made sure to wipe the end of the needle after I dipped it in the ink. I can say with confidence that I kept up my end of the "Don't spill the ink" promise, but I can't say the same about the "Don't fuck up" part. I had just dipped the needle in the ink as was about to press the needle to his skin when I took a second to think about my approach. The squirming expression on Mac's face let me know that the needle was rapid-firing into the same point in his toe. I quickly pulled the gun away and saw the dark spot I had left on one of the points of the star. So besides that little hiccup, the tattoo was finished, and it didn't look too bad. He took the gun and finished coloring in the star and it was complete. My first victim. I bet if I asked him again, he'd probably hesitate for a second or two.
Before I started tatting, I forgot to take the after pic

No comments:

Post a Comment