Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 88: Make A Stove


Detailed illustration 
     There's two ways you as a reader may take this. You might either think this is the coolest challenge ever, or the lamest one yet. For me, I think it was awesome. Basically, I finally did something that I've joked about doing at work since the beginning of my employment there, cook my dinner on the waffle cone griddle. The griddle is what cooks the waffle cone batter to crisp, sugary perfection. I used two cups stacked on top of each other with a bit of water in between them to get some heat going. Then I plopped the soup into the top cup and stirred as the waffle cone maker heated up the water, which in turn would heat up the soup. The cups were paper and so I was hesitant of having them on the griddle, but the laminate on the bottom of them kept them from melting at all. That's impressive considering how freaking hot that griddle gets. My co-worker was making cones one day when someone asked her something and distracted her. Apparently she had rested her forearm on the top of the griddle and didn't notice till the person she was talking to (with wide eyes and a slacked jaw), quickly informed her of her burning flesh. That's when I assume the pain became quite noticeable and the skin began to blister. Hot stuff. Her skin was no match for these paper cups, they didn't have the hint of melting. I helped customers and stirred my loaded baked potato soup simultaneously. The soup was done cooking and I enjoyed my warm meal in the back room. I am thoroughly pumped on how this particular challenge went.

No comments:

Post a Comment