Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 71: Learn How To Lay Bricks

     For some strange reason, people that know me very well seem to always make the mistake of thinking that I know absolutely anything about cars. I can't stress enough that cars and I are kind of like domesticated elephants; its just not gonna happen. I'm totally stupid when it comes to cars, and I'm alright with that. They don't interest me, but I do have to admit that they do get me places in a jiffy. But anyways, kyle+cars=poop. Today I was supposed to do an oil change on my car and that was supposed to count as my new thing, but as it turns out; my car is in such bad shape that doing an oil change is probably not even worth the effort. Its my fault too and I completely concur. I am not good with cars. I haven't gotten the necessary check ups and fluids for Earl (the car) to have a long and well traveled life. I'm sorry about that, but what can I say. Everybody's got that thing that they find completely uninteresting in every way. For most people, its things like the consistency of peanut butter and what is really in their chicken Mcnuggets. For me, its things like cars, the Jersey Shore show, the well being of Charlie Sheen, and any Nicholas Cage movie (Except the Rock, that movie was good.). I just can't care about those things no matter how much I seem to try. So I couldn't count the oil change as my new thing even though I did a fair bit of tinkering with the engine and I filled that baby up with like four quarts of oil. I went on the prowl for a better challenge to do. I saw that my mom was doing some brick laying yard work and thought that I could join in and get some project points. The plan was to level the ground out, lay some weed block down, and lay some bricks on top of that. It was simple, but boring. I helped out for a while. I hauled bricks around and pulled weeds for a lil bit but then it became apparent that yard work was another thing I could add to my ever growing list of "things I cant care about no matter how much I seem to try". Yard work is so boring, I cant take it. I tried to be a good person and help out with the backyard chores but as soon as I grabbed the shovel, I could feel time slow down and gravity start to pull at my eyelids. I found myself yawning every thirty seconds out of pure lethargicism. that sucked, and I don't want any part of it. Thats why I'm going to count my two crappy-half-assed  challenges as one decent challenge. Screw that weed pulling business.

No comments:

Post a Comment