Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 66: Cook Grilled Classics

     Today, I was going to make a monte cristo sandwich for my project. I was going to, but I was really hungry and I didn't want to waste precious time measuring out ingredients and all that jazz. I wanted a sandwich and I wanted it now. Thats when I looked up simple sandwich recipes on Google. That brought me to the recipe for a classic sandwich...with a tiny twist. Grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Yeah, I know right?. I have no idea why or how I have never thought of it. I have been the creator of many taste-tacular sandwiches in my day. I have experimented with everything from salsa to whip cream, but never have I grilled an old favorite. This was groundbreaking stuff. I finally had the chance to taste the meal that I have probably eaten more than any other meal in a different way. I honestly think that p.b and j. sandwiches have made up the better part (or at least a huge chunk) of my diet. The grilling aspect would finally be able to mix things up for me. So I whipped up a couple classics (p.b. and j. for you newbies) and buttered the outside slices. I got the grill going and flopped the sammies on. By following the literal recipe; I let the classics sit on the grill for approximately minutes before flipping. The sandwiches were done cooking and ready for eating. I quickly took a bite and as unexpectedly pleased. It was good! It was good enough for me to keep eating even after burning my tongue on a fiery peanut. The grilled butter soaked into the bread and the rest of the sandwich took on a whole new flavor. I could defiantly see myself trying this meal again sometime. It was a simple goal with substantial flavor. But you might not want to take my word for it. After all, I did used to experiment with whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment