Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 62: Learn To Play The Ukulele

     So I've got this little personal problem. Its nothing serious but it can be pesky at times. My little problem, is that I lose focus or attention with a lot of things. A lot of the projects that I have come up with and a whole mess of random hobbies have weltered away after being ignored too long. I find it (optimistically) strange that I have even kept this project going for this long. Things like musical instruments and art mediums are prime examples of my pathetic attention span. I bought a brand new guitar about a year ago. I was really into it for a while. I ran on a mixture of excitement and determination for about two months and then... poop. I lost focus, completely. The poor guitar spent months on its "mint condition" stand, plugged into its "like-new" amp. It was abandoned. The same thing happened with the harmonica. The point of my rambling is this; my friend Kevin just bought a pricey ukulele and now I want one. He bought his and let me borrow his old one. Since he loaned it out to me I've been jamming on it and trying to learn some things. I learned like three songs within the first day of playing it, which is my new thing for the day. Not only was this the first time I had ever played a uke, it was the first time I played a song on it. The instrument is loads of fun to play with and I am leaning towards the whole "buying a nice ukulele and hoping that I stick with it" route. Lets hope I don't lose focus!

No comments:

Post a Comment