Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 64: Make Homemade Hamburgers

     Ah, hamburgers (or as I like to refer to them as, "happiness on a bun"). The convenient and delicious way to eat slow animals. This challenge was pretty spur of the moment but it turned out to be quite fulfilling. I was dropping my brother off at my mom's house and found that she was getting ready for a BBQ. She asked if I wanted to help make some french fries and I said yes. As it turns out, fries are way too easy to make. All I did was thinly sliced up some potatoes, threw them in a pot of hot oil, and fry them till they were golden brown. I had been awarded a simple, yet dangerous task. Every time I would dump a batch of cold potatoes into the pot, the oil would erupt in a violent uproar. I had a couple of close calls with the magma-like cooking oil, but escaped unharmed for the most part. My mom on the other hand was not as lucky (I blame her agility). She got hit by a stray dew drop of boiling oil, but I think she'll pull through. So the fries were a cake walk, now it was time for the hamburgers. Following my mom's instructions, I cracked two eggs into a bowl, added a whole bunch shredded cheese, jalapeños, and ground beef and began to mush them together. It was way to cold and pretty damn slimy, but I slowly churned the ingredients into a meat stew. The next step was to grab golf ball sized chunks of meat to be squished into patties. We placed the meat-balls onto this little platform and compressed them into familiar looking hamburger patties. My mom continued the whole shebang by grilling them and whatnot but I couldn't stay for that part. I don't know how well the burgers turned out, but I do know that I made them (and thats all I really care about).

No comments:

Post a Comment