Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 60: Fix The Toilet

     Today's new things isn't as much that much a challenge, more like a much needed chore that I have been putting off for a little too long. The toilet has been broken for about a week or so now, which is poopy. So I went to the Home Depot to see what I could do. I got the flapper kit thing that the man in the orange apron suggested and I headed home to set things right. It turns out that it was an easy fix; the chain that connects the flushing leaver to the flapper broke. And it also turns out that I have close to no knowledge as to how a toilet works. I didn't know how to turn off the water to the toilet, I didn't know that the tank was filled with ordinary tap water, and most importantly, I didn't (and still don't) know what happens to poop after you flush it. Where does it go? I always assumed that poop was shipped via gator infested sewer pipes to a giant lab where it was analyzed by scientists. The scientist would probably find out what people where eating and what the different types of poop meant for your health.
     Annnnnnnyyyways, I fixed my toilet and everyone lived happily ever after cause nobody had to walk all the way downstairs whenever they had to go potty.

No comments:

Post a Comment