Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 82: Try Sweet Potato Chips


     Sweet potatoes. I've had them once before, back when I was a sophomore in high school. We made sweet potato French fries in my cooking class with my teacher, Mrs. Rice (fem-nazi). She was a stern woman that had a bitter aftertaste with boys. I don't know why exactly, she just did. We deep fried the fries and salted them. I didn't like how ours turned out so I distracted myself with doodles. Mrs. Rice caught me yelled at me for not eating the food. Long (uninteresting) story short, I didn't like the fries and Mrs. Rice made me eat way too many of them. I ended up puking my brains that night at work. I got someone to cover the rest of my shift and as I drove home I began to feel queezy again. I was stopped in the far left lane of an intersection, waiting for my turn to go when the sweat potatoes started to make their appearance. I struggled as I tried to contain the vomit at that red light. I considered barfing out of the window, hopefully being able to aim around any cars. Just when I thought I was going to spew all over my dashboard, the light turned green and I gunned it into the neighborhood. I pulled over onto a street where a bunch of kids were playing street hockey. I opened the door and threw up onto the asphalt. The kids were a bit freaked out and starred as I barfed on their court again. After that, I went home and had one of the most painful-sleep deprived nights of my life. It was terrible and I vowed to never eat a sweet potato again. I broke that vow today when my mom bought a bag of sweet potato chips "just for me". She knew about the story and either wanted to help me concur my fear, or watch me barf all over the place. For whatever reason she got the bag, and she made me try some. I was honestly scared to try it, but I did. The good news is, I have yet to puke. The chip actually didn't really taste that much like a sweet potato, so that helped. So I broke my vow, and had my fist ever sweet potato chip, great success!

No comments:

Post a Comment