Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 330: Hang Christmas Lights

     I hate Christmas. Sorry if I sound like a total negative Nancy, but it's true. All of the materialism and ridiculous rituals make it my least favorite time of the year. Normally I just try to hunker down and avoid as much of the Christmas spirit as I can whenever December rolls around. The whole playing dead gag seems to work alright for the most part, but it's clear that I need a new approach for dealing with the holidays. That's why this year, I decided to tackle my demons head on. This year, instead of running from Christmas cheer, I'm welcoming it with open arms (well, as much as I can put up with).



     Christmas lights seemed easy enough, and way a better alternative to going Christmas caroling. So I picked up some lights and enlisted Mouse to help me hang them. We got two boxes of lights and hung them up around the front so Santa wouldn't miss my house. It wasn't hard, but it wasn't fun either. I still don't see why the old people down my street spend so much time and money (like, waaaaayyy too much money) on their over-the-top decorations, but hey, that's probably just the Scrooge in me talking

No comments:

Post a Comment