Friday, December 30, 2011

Day 361: Graffiti

Mug shot
     Ok, before you start freaking out about how I lost my morals and whatnot, I should let you know that my graffiti experience was totally legal. See, there's this wall in Boulder, that has been designated as the town's tagging wall. Graffiti artists (and Mouse and I) can go there and doodle to their hearts content, and not get in trouble. We got to the wall right as the sun was going down, which was good cause it made the experience that more authentic. I tried my best to find an area on the wall that wasn't already claimed by somebody's illegible work, and started working on my masterpiece. I was going for an abstract "medeyum" down the side of the wall to advertise the blog (welcome new readers!). Sadly, it became obvious almost instantly that my art was going to turn out like poop. I could try to blame it on the cheap spray paint or the lack of inspiration, but the truth is, I just suck at graffiting. I have no experience with tagging, and I don't even have an interest in it. Here is my one stab at it, and I don't see myself doing it anytime soon. For now, I'll just stick to doodling on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment