Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 343: Invent A Holiday

     So I recently made up my own word for the project, and that got me thinking, "why stop there?". That's just the tip of the iceberg. So that's why I've taken on the task of creating my very own holiday. Here's what you need to know:
     What is it?
          *National (well not yet) "Get Out and Try It" day, otherwise known as "GOTI-Day". The idea is to designate the day to pursuing that special something that you've always wanted to do. Spend the day working on what you enjoy, and what makes you happy. It's all about autonomy, because I can tell you from experience, the only way to find motivation, is to find something you actually care about. However you want to spend GOTI-Day is totally up to you, because you do what you want, and that makes you want to do it more (yeah?)
     When is it?
          *Ideally I'd like this to be an everyday thing, but I guess I'll have to settle for just one day. I decided to go with March 8th, (which is my birthday). I chose this day for a couple reasons. See, March is still a couple months away, which is enough time for me to try to get the GOTI word out to the public and start my holiday off right. And I chose my birthday for the holiday because I feel like every year on my birthday I look back on what I've done and what I wish I had done better, and I always feel like I come up short. If "Get Out and Try It" day is on my birthday, I'll have no choice but to make that day totally kickass by doing something like bull ridding or skydiving (the sky's the limit really). As long as you're doing what you like, you're doing nothing wrong. Get the word out about GOTI-Day!
We should totally make shirts

No comments:

Post a Comment