Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 329: Contribute To A Kick-Starter

     Kickstarter is a website that was created to "Fund and follow creativity", or so their header says. It's a site gives exposure to a boatload of really cool projects from people all over the world. Go check out the site and browse some of the projects that are in the works. If you find one that you like, you can choose to 'back' the project by donating to the cause. I decided to back this project called "Don't Go Back to School: A Handbook for Learning Anything" by Kio Stark. Kio is a (quite successful) Yale dropout who wants to write a book on the alternatives of college. She talks about how a degree doesn't guarantee success, and how we should focus on the things in life that we already have an interest in because we strive to master things that we inherently enjoy simply because we want to. I dig where Kio is coming from, cause, I don't like school, but I do enjoy learning new things. So I decided to back her up financially (and with this little blog shout out).
     I spared 25$ for her cause and in return, I get a copy of the book and I get my name listed in the acknowledgement section (oh, and I help her reach her dream of publishing the book and all that noble nonsense). That's a pretty sweet deal if you ask me. If you would like to support Ms. Stark and her unorthodox quest, click here.
     I encourage you to check out the site and see what projects you support.

No comments:

Post a Comment