Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 328: Bacon Flavored Coffee

     The vegetarian lifestyle seems to be holding up just fine...I think. See, I bought this stuff called Torani bacon syrup. It's a flavoring syrup that you can use in various culinary creations. With a bottle of it, you're able to 'bacon-ize' (I'm gonna coin that)basically anything edible. From milkshakes to Milkduds, it's really up to you.
      I was hesitant about buying and trying it cause the bottle didn't specify whether or not it contained any actual meat. You'd think that a bottle of bacon flavoring would have at least a hint of meat-mentioning in the ingredient section, (or at least I did) but I couldn't find squat. Eventually, I decided to throw caution to the wind and I bought it anyway. Drink bacon coffee first, ask questions later.


     A little blurb on the side of the label suggests that I pour a splash of it in my morning coffee to shake things up. I took that advice and brewed up a heaping batch this morning. Now, don't think for a second that I thought that this would actually be a good idea. I just saw my opportunity to try bacon coffee, and I simply couldn't refuse. Within the first timid sips, I could safely establish that it was utterly terrible. But of course the coffee was terrible, it was bacon flavored after all. Who really wants that? I knew from the beginning that it would suck. It was one bad cup of Joe, and I felt like I had been unfaithful to my vegetarian commitment by drinking it (But as far as I could tell, it was totally animal-free). But I still felt like I hadn't experienced the full potential of 'bacon-izing my breakfast'. To be sure, I took things up a notch by pouring myself a shot of liquid bacon. Without so much as a second thought, I drank bacon (something I never thought I'd say) and immediately regretted it. It was probably the dumbest thing I've done since that whole meat shake fiasco back in April. It was just a massive blur of fakon (fake bacon) and sugar. All I can say is that it was thoroughly traumatic for my mind, body and tongue. Just God awful stuff. It seems that bacon and coffee just aren't meant to be. Too bad, I could have added it to my "try this again" list, where goodies such as chocolate soda and root beer milk reside.
Sweet mug
     All in all, it was a pretty terrible experience. I blew 6 bucks on the bottle and jeopardized my veggie-ways. But on the other hand, I learned that bacon syrup sucks, and I even solidified my new found anti-Atkins diet a little. So it's not all bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment