Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 312: Cook An Omelette

According to the interwebs:
Eggs are totally vegetarian*
     So I'm having another go with the ol' vegetarian song and dance. It's not for the project or anything, I just don't know if I want to eat meat anymore. Four days have come and gone since the start of my culinary crusade and I gotta say, I'm doing it a lot better this time around. It's not the same haze of lukewarm tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches that clouded my first attempt.

Round 1
   



     Tonight for dinner, I tried out a recipe I found on some hippie dippie website. They claimed that avocado omelettes were perfect for the hopeless cook (I was intrigued). After trying to cook said omelette, I realize that their claim was hogwash...or maybe my cooking skills are so pour they don't even qualify as "hopeless". I had some serious trouble with this meal. Omelettes were harder than I thought, and I sucked at cooking more than I remembered. But cooking's all trial and error. I guess that's where the old "If you're gonna make an omelette, you're gonna have to realize that your terrible at cooking omelettes" saying came from...or something like that. Despite how unappetizing the dish looked, it was actually perrty darn tasty. Definitely one of those "mouth-open, eyes-shut" meals.




Round 2: Mild improvement

No comments:

Post a Comment