Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 321: Light Money On Fire




     I was looking up the consequences of burning money when I came across a neat little trick. Apparently, if you saturate a dollar bill in a mixture of water and rubbing alcohol, you can light it on fire without damaging the bill at all. Right then, I asked my brother if I could borrow a dollar (I'm not about to risk my own money) and we began the experiment. We determined that the experiment not only worked, it worked over and over again. The two of us stood in the kitchen repeatedly lighting the bill and watching as it eventually extinguished itself. We must have tried to burn the bill about 20 times, but it always came out in tact. We totally got our moneys worth outta this one (get it?). I'm not going to try and explain how this trick works, (It's all sciencey and stuff) but I'll post this video that explains it quite well. Check out these pics too.

No comments:

Post a Comment