Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 326: Grow A Mustache

Moments before shaving
Just a little off the top.
     This challenge has been in the works since the beginning of the month. I was doing the whole no-shave-November thing, but my facial hair is too patchy (and, lets face it, just plain bad looking) for me to keep. So I succumbed to the urge to shave. I just had to have those baby-bottom-smooth cheeks again. I doubt many people even knew that I was participating in the the bare-skin-boycott, but I still felt like I was giving up too soon. So I came up with a compromise, I would shave everything but the mustache. I'd have soft cheeks and I'd be taking care of a challenge for the day. Two birds, one stone.
     Unfortunately, once shaved, I noticed that although I may have pretty bad facial hair all around, the mustache has got to be weakest part. It was all short and blonde with only a few dark colored whiskers. From a distance, it just looks like I've got dirt above my lip. And from up close, it just looks like I have bad taste in facial hair. Two stones, no birds.

     I told myself that I'd keep the stache until the end of No-Shave...but I don't know if that'll happen. It just looks so bad. We will see. Maybe next year I should take more of those beard pills. That'll do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment