Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 315: Break A Law

I'm putting this on my resume
     I just read that it was in fact, illegal, to move rocks while on city property in the state of Colorado. One can't help but ponder the questions that arise with a law that is as strange as this. Once I read this, I thought to myself "What if the rocks are already on the city's property? Is it only unlawful if I bring my own rocks to move around? Is there some sort of size restriction? Does sand count as rocks (cause I can think of a few times where I mistakenly hauled around traces of sand in the pockets of my jeans.)? For that matter, whats the protocol for the different types of rocks? I don't want to be taking granite for granted (rock jokes!). And what actually counts as moving anyways? Can I rearrange the rocks if I see them as disorderly? Soooooo many questions. Instead of finding any of the answers to these burning questions, I thought I'd play it safe and just go and break the law anyway.
 Sean and I drove on down to the City of  Thornton's police station/court to get our delinquent hands on some sediments. We parked in the lot with all of the police cruisers and scoped the situation. We saw a few officers standing outside of the building and a couple more off in another direction, we'd better be careful. There were long islands of rock gardens that divided the parking lot, bingo. Slowly, I stepped out of the vehicle, and showed absolutely no respect for the law as I gently picked up a grapefruit sized rock and held it for Sean to see (I was lookin' for trouble). To take things further, I began to stack a pile of rocks (right in front of those cop's faces!) like a total badass. One by one, I picked up rocks and held them above my head. The cops walked inside (probably to call for backup). I picked up one last rock for a quick snapshot then the two of us jumped into the getaway car and sped on outta there. We exchanged high-fives and soaked in the moment on the drive home. I'm not sure if I'm counting this challenge as: "break the dumbest law I have ever heard" or "intentionally break a law in front of a cop". I guess it counts as both, and I guess you can now refer to me as a hardened criminal.
Lift with the legs...

No comments:

Post a Comment