Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day 300: Sponsor a Child

     Wow, it's been 300 days (already/finally. It's a little of both), I guess it goes without saying that I'm stunned that this project has even made it this long. I've officially entered the home stretch of this experiment and wanted to do something special for the occasion. Sponsoring a child seemed like one that would do. I logged onto the unicef website and took a look around. The good news is that I did end up donating towards the cause, the bad news is that I didn't do it to the extent that those guys would have liked. I'm pinching pennies as it is, but when I was taking a look at how much it would be to sponsor a kid, I folded. It's an ongoing payment, and I wasn't comfortable doing that. So I did the next best thing, I donated 25 bucks (an amount that I consider to be massive) to their children's program. Hopefully they can make more use of my money than I could, and hopefully I will have the means to sponsor a kid for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment