Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 293: Cleaning with Vinegar

Before:
     This is what I call a two-birds-one-stone scenario right here. I was reading about the versatile uses for distilled white vinegar when I came across a rather interesting fact. Apparently, a mixture of white vinegar and water makes a great cleaning solution. The website I was reading was praising this mixture by saying its just as good as commercial cleaners, but without the chemicals. It's not poisonous and its dirt cheap. It seemed like a win-win for me so I decided to tackle my bathroom, because that thing was in desperate need of a cleaning. So I poured in the specified amounts of the two ingredients to make my solution and proceeded to get "buck wild" cleaning my bathroom. I was worried at first that the scent of the vinegar would be too overpowering regardless of how clean the bathroom got, but the smell proved to be mild and even pleasant compared to what it used to smell like. The mix really surprised me with how well it worked. I took down the build up from the bathtub like it was nothing. The pee marks next to the toilet (blaming my brother) we gone without too much fuss, and even the mirror looked good. Distilled white vinegar has earned my seal of approval as a solid cleaning agent and has gotten me to finally clean the bathroom. Like I said, two-birds-one-stone!
After:



No comments:

Post a Comment