Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 297: Deep Fried Ice Cream


     It always looks so good when I look at the picture on the back of the menu when I go to a Mexican food restaurant, but I never seem to be able to gather the courage needed to order it. This time however, I ordered my usual dish and the deep fried ice cream. I had no choice, ice cream and things that are deep fried are too high on my list of 'things that don't suck' for me to not get it. I was honestly excited for my dessert  to get to my table, and my excitement skyrocketed more once I saw the piling tower of whipped cream heading towards me. It was go time. Sadly, as I bit into the treat, it just tasted like whip cream, coconut shavings, and ice cream. There was no crazy deep fried flavor, or even a hint of one. Total disappointment. It was still delicious, but not in the way I wanted it to be. I'm still not sure if the cook messed up the order or if all deep fried ice cream tastes like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment