Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 317: Coffee Ground Rejuvenation

     Here's another one that comes straight outta left field. It's the notion that rubbing a mixture of freshly used coffee grounds and olive oil into your skin will help it stay healthy and young looking. The site that I got this from was saying that it does wonders for people with cellulite, and although I don't suffer from cellulite, I didn't want to take any chances, ya know? So I fired up the ol' coffee maker and made a quick cup. Once the drip cycle was done, I threw the steaming grounds into some Tupperware and added a dash of olive oil. I didn't see how either of these two ingredients were going to treat my skin, but I'm not one to doubt the ethos of the internet. I continued to stir my mix as instructed, then I applied a layer onto my right leg. I figured that I'd spare my left leg so I could see if there was any improvement from the treatment. The application took place in my bathtub to contain the mess. It was hot, and messy, and smelly, and I kept asking myself what my dad would think if he found out that I was lathering my leg with fresh coffee grounds in a bathtub at 11:30 on a Thursday night. But that's just what this project has turned me into. I'm officially that guy. The one that is more than willing to try anything and everything without giving a thought as to what the outcome might be. I'm now that guy that bathes in coffee grounds, simply because the internet told him to. I figure that being open to try new things is what I was aiming for in the beginning, so I guess it's successful in that respect.



     Needless to say, I haven't noticed any improvements on the leg (probably cause I didn't have cellulite in the first place) and now my bathroom smells like a Starbucks and is littered with traces of black coffee grounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment