Saturday, December 24, 2011

Day 353: Become More Optimistic

     I think I'm an optimist. I try to find the silver lining and I look out for the good things in life. I think that optimism is a skill, and one that can always be sharpened. Yeah, sure, being a 'glass is half-full' kind of person is fine for some folks, but not me. I want to be a "this glass is overflowing with liquid gold!' kind of guy. So I looked up some tips on becoming more positive. I found a list of steps online that I am using to up my optimism levels. Here's a link to the site with the steps. Most of the steps seemed to relate to being more open with yourself and distancing yourself from negative vibes. So I guess that means to be more honest with yourself, and to stay away from all of those negative Nancys. Here's a couple of the steps;
     1)Admit your faults- I'm afraid to fail, and that makes me uncomfortable
     2)appreciate your friends- Yup
     3)avoid negative vibes- gotcha
     4)Listen to positive music- I just finished creating my 'Positive-vibes' playlist on my iPod. It's got all of my  fluffiest and most sunshine and daisy sounding songs on it.
     5)Smile- =)
     6)Make goals- I've got too many to list.

So far, things are looking good, but with the help of these steps, hopefully things will be looking phenomenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment