Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 348: Lucid Dreaming

     A while ago, a friend told me about lucid dreaming. He explained it to me as 'daydreaming at night'. It's a phenomenon that happens when you're asleep, and you're dreaming, but you consciously know that you are sleeping. So basically, you're free to do anything within your own dream. You can jump over Jupiter, or you can eat Oprah (well, that's just what I'd do), really whatever. Who wouldn't want the freedom to fly, or the ability to shoot spam out of your eye sockets?
     So I checked out this website and read about some tips and strategies that help people have their own lucid dreams. Now, I'm told that the process may take a couple of days for me to get into the swing of things, so I didn't get discouraged when I didn't dream lucidly the first night. All I could do was take the website's advice, and hope for the best. The main things to look out for are; to constantly question your state of consciousnesses, record your dreams regularly, and to have a constant sleep schedule. I haven't had any luck yet, but these guys did guaranteed (one that was later disclaimed) that I would have a lucid dream within 7 days. So I guess I'll just keep with the program and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment