Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 341: Invent A Word

     Did you ever read the book Frindle way back in Elementary school? It's about this kid that decides to start calling pens "frindles" and all hell breaks loose in his class because of it. I don't really remember if I even liked the book of not, I've forgotten most of the story. All I remember is that I thought it was totally cool that this kid started this movement from making up a new word. He made something big from doing something small. So I decided that I was going to get in on this. I wanted to make up a word. So here's my word, "medeyum". If you've gotten your hands on one of my business cards, or you know my email, or you've ever heard of my scheme to start a skateboard company, then this word will probably sound pretty familiar. See, I made this word up years ago, but it wasn't until today that I've made it official and came up with a definition. Here's my crack at defining a word.
     
     medeyum /ˈmēdēəm/ v.  creating something new out of an old medium, seeing potential in one's familiar environment.

     Waddya think? Are you going to start using this word left and right so I can finally live out my Elementary school dreams of starting a revolution through vocabulary?

Better take note.

No comments:

Post a Comment