Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 346: Anxiety Reducing Diet


     I've been feeling really strange that past couple of days. It's like I'm super wound up for no reason. I have been feeling really anxious and I have no idea why. I assume that it's because of all that terrible Christmas music I keep hearing around town, but ya never know. Actually, I think that it could have a lot to do with my new vegetarian lifestyle. I had no choice but to ask the all-mighty Google what I should do, and it led me to a site that promised to calm my nerves through diet. The site claimed that a diet that was rich in carbohydrates and B6 vitamins would promote healthy serotonin production. Now, I have no clue if this is actually true, but I figured that it was worth a shot. The guy that posted this claim also listed some ingredients that would fall under the carb-calming diet. It was obvious that I should take some of his advice if I wanted to feel better. But what was even more obvious, was that I should take all of this guy's advice if I wanted to feel really good. So I wrote down all of the foods listed in his post and headed to the store to pick up some feel good food. As far as the high-carb things go, I got; Whole-wheat pasta, oatmeal, popcorn, bagels, tortillas, and rice cakes. Then I picked up a banana and a package of raisins for my B6 vitamin intake. From there, I prepared a high carb culinary creation (tootin' the ol' horn). I call it, Carbo-Diem. It was a bagel sandwich with a rice cake patty and lather of oatmeal, raisins and chopped up banana, that was garnished with tortilla and a spaghetti stick toothpick. Just for kicks, I had a side of fresh popcorn. It was a good meal, it filled me up and I even felt better afterwards. Maybe I should munch on those nasty rice cakes more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment