Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 345: Gator Pear

     You'd think that I would have ran up my produce points by now in this project, but I struck some luck as I glanced through the fruit and veggie isle today. I found this thing called a gator pear (or chayote squash, really whatever) that looked interesting enough to be a challenge. From an angle, it looked like a face with puckering lips, which was a true selling point for me. It's freaky looks didn't stop me from feeling apatized, so I took it home and made an impressive smelling stir fry out of it. Unfortunately, it only smelt good, the taste was a different story. It wasn't bad necessarily, it just wasn't good either. If it means anything, my cooked gator pear was way better than just the raw thing. So that's that, another produce challenge that ended about the same as every other produce challenge I've tried so far. Shame.




No comments:

Post a Comment