Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day 332: Brew Instant Coffee

     I think it's safe to say that I have begun to feel the effects of drinking coffee on a regular basis. Since starting my coffee drinking ways, I now almost always start my day off with a piping hot cup of Joe. I enjoy it and I even look forward to it sometimes, but I still don't think I'm addicted. Coffee has yet to take a hold of my life. Hell, I still go hefty on the milk and sugar.
     So I saw this stuff called Instant Coffee today while in the grocery store. I found it strange that there were people out there that were sooooo addicted to the stuff they needed it at this very instant. They just had to have their fix like, now. It's all very strange to me. I just don't see the demand for right-this-very-instant-coffee; with a Starbucks on every corner and a coffee pot in every kitchen, we are seconds away from caffeine at any time. But I guess that just means that I'm not into coffee enough to understand.
     So I bought the stuff -cause, who knows- maybe I will need coffee within a moments notice someday. Unfortunately, I found out that the name "Instant" on the label was a tad bit deceptive. In all actuality, once I heated up the water, mixed in the coffee powder, and stirred, I had spent about the same amount of time as I would have on a normal cup of Joe. So it wasn't much of a streamline process, and things didn't get any better when I tasted it. The taste wasn't all bad, but it was far from good too. It was a lot like a cup of lukewarm bitterness that had a hint of a coffee aftertaste. I may just not be cut out for this coffee drinking business after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment