Saturday, December 24, 2011

Day 352: Urban Snowboarding





     Fun times are guaranteed when you're doing something stupid and dangerous. Mouse called me up and asked if I would like to go urban snowboarding with him and his room mate and I couldn't have said yes fast enough. From what I know, urban snowboarding is when you get towed by some vehicle (a Subaru) and get totally rad off the urban elements around you (the slim streets in Mouse's neighborhood). I rode this thing called a snow-skate; it's the size of a skateboard, but it's made for shredding in the snow. It's got a small steering board under it and is advertised as "still the best way to injure yourself" from the site that I snagged the snow-skate photo from. I watched, and filmed, as Jeremy demonstrated how to ride. I remember being hesitant about my turn because of how fast Mouse was driving, but my turn had arrived, so I laced the rope around my glove and hunkered down on the board. My first go went better than I thought it would. I leaned back as far as possible and hung on to the rope for dear life as the Subaru towed me though suburbia. I had some tumbles, and a lot of close calls (man those parked cars seem to just jump outta nowhere), but I also had some pretty saweet runs too. But winter still sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment